I have been thinking of writing about this topic for so long but I was not getting proper base to write it. For quite sometime, everyone might have noticed non-news stuff being shown on the news channels…or say the news channels starving for higher TRP ratings. Whether it is a bad attempt to show “Indian Idol” contestants or a successful attempt to show “Bunty aur Babli” on news channel…Whether it is hidden footage on Tihar Jail or it is about special coverage on Mumbai rains…
Special coverage / shows help us with the information and specially the facts but news channels are using this tool to earn money rather than providing more information. Now, earning money is not at all wrong but the way these guys are approaching to earn money is not quite good.
Take today’s example, at 8 PM Aaj Tak was showing special show called Godfather showing Indian film stars and singers at Dawood’s party..(His brother’s party), the show was very good but they managed to stretch it for 2 hours…from beginning they were kept on repeating Bollywood’s biggest star of that time will be shown in the clip after this short break…but they showed it in the end i.e. approx 15 minutes before the show ended.
They were showing same things many times and just stretching the show with the help of ads and showing things which were not related…
Other example would be, some news channel promoting movie Bunty aur Babli, showing both the stars reading news and all…
These kind of things always make me think that, is there any good news channel around with more of news content then more of TRP increase attempts?
The competition has become really fierce. So, no news channel can afford to stick with ethics/tradition and expect to survive. This is true even with newspapers. But, in the print world there are two note-worthy exceptions: Tribune in Haryana/Punjab and The Hindu in Chennai.
These are easily the best news papers in India.
As for the best news channel, I always loved DD News. Yes, they didn’t have people from IIM-C reading news, but all the current crop of biggies have graduated from DD News. Till date, I watch DD news at night.
That is the only channel in this country which doesn’t care for TRPs.
We can’t be watching the whole thing that they air, we can watch what we like. I like Gadget guru, The car and bike show, Opening moves (NDTV Profit), We the people, Sports 24X7,used to like the Big fight when Rajdeep was around (NDTV 24X7), Entertainment quater and chicks (:P) (Headlines Today).
The newly launched Times Now is a total crap. How the hell can a person “feel” the news they show? lol.. it’s comic as well with the moving cameras and “gripping” news that they show.
I wonder if anyone can “feel” the “gripping” news experience in Times Now as Arnab Goswami calls it!
It’s the fight for the breaking news and the “exclusive” that makes the News channels in such a sorry state.
[…] One of my friends, Deep wroteabout the falling standards of news channels on his blog. So, I decided to write something about this myself. […]
The news channels are running short of things to show & therefore, their interests have shifted toward the Masala News which adds to their TRPs! To some extent, even the channels can’t be blamed because mostly, news channels are judged by their TRPs not by their quality of news supplied!
We all have seen the media making a fuss of almost nothing & make a story out of it.
I believe that NDTV is the best in terms of quality of news & the discussions aired!
usually i don’t watch news channels, but i put them on while writing my college assignments. that constant, senseless talking of newsreader helps a lot in maintaining the writting speed..u know
Please help me, your channel has helped many
*Sub- Victamisation of ship Master, Capt Sukhdev Singh in the hands of a shipping company
Request for an urgent action under MS act of India
1. I am an Ex Defense Services Officer, Lt Cdr, Indian Navy, presently a ship Master with the Great Eastern Shipping Company Limited.since 1997.on permanent basis under MUI-INSA agreement terms and conditions of employment with this company.
2. I am being victamised by the above mentioned shipping company since last three years, my family and me very humbly
request for help from the Government of India in this worst kind of situation against violation of basic human rights and victamisation of seafarers .
3. I am admittedly in service of the above company, I am being kept as standby by this shipping company since last three years without assigning me a vessel. they have also stopped all my wages and allowances including subscription to my Provident, Gratuity and superenuation funds, violating all related employment regulations .of MS act of India and terms and conditions of the employment regulations of MUI-INSA agreement of my employment with this company. As per rules of the agreement I was supposed to be placed on board their vessel or paid staff wages in case not placed on board , which is not done. Denying me and my family very right of living.
4. The company is victamising me because I have done my duties as per MS Act of India refusing to compromise over certain matters concerning to the safety of my vessel where I was posted as Master. The company is trying to push me out of the job illegally by forgoing all my retirement benefits. This.forced me to go to Mumbai High Court praying for justice.
5. After I filed SUIT NO. 527 OF 2005 against them in Dec 2004, the company in retaliation came out with a charge sheet against me in april 2005 . with baseless malafide charges for the alleged incidents 3 to 6 years.old although I have been sailing on board their vessels for many years after the alleged incidents and no action was ever taken against me .One of the charges against me in the charge sheet is /”related to my approaching to court of Law against them marking me as guilty for approaching to court of Law
6. Since Feb 2005 I am being Summoned at their office at Mumbai at my own expenses to attend this illegal inquiry with malafide charges which is being conducted in such a manner to harass me and force me to give up and agree to their terms. The influence and money power is being used to teach me a lesson, because I am fighting for my rights.against the above said shipping company.
7. This shipping company highhandedly has violated all relevant clauses and rules in punishing and charge sheeting a senior ship master just to teach me a lesson, are summoning me for this illegal inquiry at their Mumbai office at my own expenses since last one year without paying me the wages and allowances legally due under MUI-INSA Agreement of my employment with this Company..The company is taking advantage of their influence, money power and slow legal procedures in our county. I am being put under tremendous mental pressure, to give up and agree to their terms. My advocates Ms Consulta Juris, 81 &82, Mittal Towers, Nariman Point, Mumbai also does not give me any good hope in near future from the suit moving at very slow motion..
8. Arbitrarily forcing a Competent person, a Ship Master in my case, to remain away from work for such a long period of time when there is already a shortage of competent Masters in the shipping industry is an offense. This company has wasted three years of valuable period of my life / competent service . This is not only a grave loss to me and my family but is also a loss to nation, an offense against the national resources..I therefore request that the other appropriate authorities of the Government of India i.e. Human Resource Ministry or any other authority as deemed fit be also informed /approached and necessary help be provided to me and my family and strict action against such erring shipping company be initiated..
9. I humbly request that appropriate action under MS and violation of human rights be initiated to bring all the facts on record. and prevent such unfortunate incidents in future.
10. I have also sent letters / mails to DG Shipping Mumbai with a copy to the Honorable Minister of shipping at new Delhi, for necessary action and information. All the relevant papers of this case are already with Secretary shipping office at New Delhi.
Capt Sukhdev Singh
phone 022-56951688, 9821291594
B-103, Bldg. no.-2, GE Links, Ram Mandir Rd., Goregaon (W), Mumbai-400104
This site DOES NOT belong to any news channel so requesting stuff here won’t be of any help…